Welcome to our Monthly Newsletter!
We, the team at Chesterton Accounting would like to wish you a Happy New Financial Year! Thank-you for supporting our business.
Monthly tax tip:
Did you know that you can claim home office expenses if used for your business? You can claim a percentage of each expense as per the business use.
However, a much easier calculation is claiming the hours spent in your home when working. The hours can be claimed at a set rate of 52 cents per hour as per the ATO ruling for 2019.
- Single Touch Payroll is mandatory for all employers
- Wages that are covered by an award must be increased by 3% as per the new national minimum wage
- Issue employees with PAYG payment summaries for the year ending 30 June 2019
- Lodge and pay June 2019 monthly business/instalment activity statement
- Lodge and pay quarter ending 30 June 2019 activity statement if lodging by paper
- Pay quarter ending 30 June 2019 instalment notice. Lodge the notice only if you vary the instalment amount
- Make super guarantee contributions for quarter ending 30 June 2019 to funds by this date
- Finalise EOFY employment figures if lodging through Single Touch Payroll